10 Interesting Facts About China
China is a colossal country with a fantastic variety of landscapes, wildlife and people. It is the most populous nation on earth. More than 1.1 billion people live in China and so the Chinese make up roughly one-fifth of the world’s population. The east coast region is lined with bustling megacities and ports. Jungles and tropical lowlands lie in southeast, while the Plateau of Tibet, which meets the Himalayas lies in the southwest. Two mighty rivers, the Yangtze and the Yellow River, cut across China and provide vital transport links. Below is 10 interesting facts about china:
1. When a Chinese child loses a baby tooth, it doesn’t get tucked under the pillow for the tooth fairy. If the child loses an upper tooth, the child’s parents plant the tooth in the ground, so the new tooth will grow in straight and healthy. Parents toss a lost bottom tooth up to the rooftops, so that the new tooth will grow upwards , too.
2. Chi Le Mei Yo – “Have you eaten?” is the most traditional Chinese greeting
3. Total Land Area of China is 9,596,960 Sq. Kms. It is the third largest Country in the World. Shanghai and Beijing are two of the largest and most populous cities in the world.
4. The Great Wall of China was started over two and a half thousand years ago and is more than 5,000 km long.
5. Ancient Chinese people live in modern buildings in the towns, farmhouses in rural areas; houses made of bamboo and even caves in the mountains and sampans (houseboats) on the rivers and in harbors.
6. Chinese people eat a lot of meat like: fish, pigs, chickens ect.
7. The Great Wall is one of the 7 world wonders.
8. Has over 5000 years of culture
9. Ice cream was invented in China around 2000BC when the Chinese packed a soft milk and rice mixture in the snow.
10. Facts about china that Marco Polo brought the art of noodle making back to Italy from a trip to China.