10 Interesting Facts About the Mouth
Facts about the mouth is one of the most important parts of your body. Any problem that affects your mouth can make it hard to eat, drink or even smile. Treatment for mouth disorders varies, depending on the problem. Keeping a clean mouth by brushing and flossing often is important. Here are 10 interesting facts about the mouth.
1. If you are right handed, you will tend to chew your food on your right side. If you are left handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.
2. If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. For when a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.
3. Facts about the mouth is defined in front and at the sides by the lips, jawbone, teeth, and gums.
4. Your tongue is germ free only if it is pink. If it is white there is a thin film of bacteria on it.
5. The roof of the mouth is composed of the hard and soft palates and the floor of the mouth is formed by the tongue, a muscular structure that contains the organs of taste.
6. The lips, palates, tongue, and teeth are the major components in speech formation, using the “raw sound” formed in the larynx.
7. Facts about the mouth that the process of digestion begins in the mouth; the chewing and grinding action of the teeth reduces the food to a readily digestible substance
8. The enzymatic process of converting starch to sugar is initiated by salivary amylase (ptyalin) excreted by the three salivary glands located at the angle of the jawbone and under the tongue
9. People whose mouth has a narrow roof are more likely to snore. This is because they have less oxygen going through their nose.
10. While sleeping, one man in eight snores, and one in ten grinds his teeth this is the other of facts about the mouth.