10 Interesting Facts About Recycling
Recycling contains countless benefit and if we do it right, we can save our planet from global warming without sacrificing our basic need or energy. On the following post, I am going to share view amazing recycling facts that I recently read from different sources.
1. If we do not recycle aluminum can we throw yesterday, it will be a pollutant for 500 years from now. Luckily, our government is already aware of it and every single day, aluminum cans are recycled and reused. A used aluminum can will be a new sterile can in mere 60 days.
2. Every year, 80 billion aluminum soda cans are produced, wasted, recycled and reused. Aluminum never vapors. We can reuse it as long as we want.
3. When we recycle one aluminum can that is same as we save energy that came from 1/2 gallons of gas or energy to turn our TV for 2 hours, and running our computer for 3 hours
4. Literally, we never waste aluminum cans, base on EPA reports, there is only 1% of aluminum can that can be found in US waste stream.
5. If Sunday New York time stop releasing newspaper for a day, that equal to saving 75 thousand trees.
-If Sunday newspaper stopping their operation for 7 working days, 500,000 trees can live a weeklonger.
-If we recycle all newspaper, which we have read in one year, that means we have lengthen the live of 250 million trees a year longer.
6. If we could retrieve 700 grocery bags, we can see a new 15 years old green tree grows reborn from its death.
7. In US, one American uses around 680 pounds every year. If we count all people who live in US, they consume about 85 billion tons of paper a year.
8. Recycling one tons of paper equal to save 17 adult trees, clean 3 cubic yards landfill area, unused 7000 gallons fresh water, keep 1438 liters of oil, and conserve 250 pounds of CO2 to dirt our atmosphere
9. American is the biggest trash producer in the world. In Average, one American waste 1,609 pounds of waste every year. In other words, we could say that 5% world’s populations have wasted 40% of total number of waste on the planet.
-The biggest landfill in US is Las Vegas: the Apex Regional landfill located at the north of the city. The size is 2,200 acres and it receives around 9,000 tons of trashes every day. It is estimated that the space will be enough to house American’s waste around Sin city for 2 centuries
10. Every time we buy a new thing, 1% of it is gone to cover packaging and that would go to trash. Every hour, Americans waste about 2,5 million bottles every hour and 25 billion Styrofoam cups each year
These 10 facts about recycling are only view from thousands amazing fact about recycling and I need your help to find it. Please use comment box below to help me.