10 Interesting Solar Energy Facts
After discussing about sun, it is perfect to continue the topic with discussing 10 facts about solar energy. If you fans of Discovery channel, you probably have heard one or some facts on the following list
1. Solar Energy is unlimited resources
The sun sprays coal in the dust and though it is most abundant accessible resources we can get from nature, we are not yet use it effectively. According to research, 20 days sun light that lands on our planet composes energy equal to energy come from the whole reserve of Oil, coal and gas that we produce.
2. Solar power do work at Night
Solar power do not work at night is a common misconception. Today, we have found grid-tied solar panels, and special batteries that are capable to save solar power and retrieve it through LED light. Only with these two technologies alone, we can harness the power of the sun day and night.
3. New Solar panel is more space efficient
Many of us do not know yet that we can harness solar power from a special sonar panel glass that came from Renssealaer Polytechnic Institute of New York. The producers designed the glass for skyscrapers and high towers building. If we utilize the tool properly, we could save 50% of energy consumption from high towers building.
4. Solar power is Sunlight
Common of us thinks that solar power depends on heat. This is wrong. Solar power came from solar light and not solar heat. Careless how cold winter temperature outside, as long sun ejects the light, we can harvest the unlimited power of sun or saved it for tonight light.
5. Equivalent of Solar power
One kilowatt-hour of solar power is equal to electricity consumption to light up 100-watt bulbs for 10 hours
6. Potency of Home solar panels
a 1-kilowatt home solar panels is composing 10-20 solar panels and filling 100 sq feet installation space. It generates around 1,600 kilowatt hours yearly if the panels receives 5.5 hour sun light daily (Sunny season) and 750 kilowatts hour yearly if the panels receive 2.5 hours of sunlight daily (cloudy season). The output of 1-kilowatt home solar panel saves 170 pounds of coal for burning, 300 pounds of carbon dioxide to waste to the atmosphere and 1260 gallons of water every year,
7. New Solar power technology
Scientist is inspired by Moth eyes to produce new solar panel, which is non-reflective. Less sun light reflected panel means more solar power can be absorbed and harnessed
8. Solar Power source of all powers
In 60 minutes, sun produces more light than what all population of the earth need of lightning in a year. Solar power can power aircraft too. In 1990, one experiment solar-power aircraft flew as far as 4060 km across the sky without burning any fossil fuel.
9. Solar energy is the source of all non-renewable energy we used today. Solar energy powered the growth of plants (that turned to be coal) and animal (that turned to be oil) million of year ago. Solar energy is the source of life itself and we should focus to advantage it.
10. Better world with solar power
Around 2 billion population of the earth lives without electrical dependency. Thousand miles from them, America, which composes 5% of all world’s population, utilize 26% of world’s energy consumption that mostly came from non-renewable resources
- Solar power appliances and applications are demanded. Solar power is efficient the need of energy and in the same time make it cheaper. By 2040, Shell Oil Company predicted that 50% of world’s energy consumption would be supplied by Solar power. This is a positive solar energy facts and we can speed it up if we want to