10 Facts about Diabetes Type 2
A medical condition caused by the high level of blood sugar is the body is explained on Facts about Diabetes Type 2. It is considered as a long term diabetic disorder. The body only receives low level of insulin or even has insulin resistance. Some symptoms of diabetes type 2 include the unexplained weight loss, tiredness, increased hunger, frequent urination, sores, and increased thirst. Find out other useful facts about diabetes type 2 below:
Facts about Diabetes Type 2 1: the long term complications
Diabetes type 2 can cause long term complications which may include strokes, heart disease, and kidney failure. The poor blood flow in the limbs may occur too. The patient may have amputation if it is severe. Another complication is the diabetic renopathy which may cause blindness on the patient. Ketoacidosis is not common to spot in diabetes type 2.
Facts about Diabetes Type 2 2: the primary causes
The lack of exercise and obesity are the main causes of diabetes type 2. More than 90 percent of diabetes cases are in the form of diabetes type 2. The remaining 10 percent accounts for gestational diabetes and diabetes type 1.
Facts about Diabetes Type 2 3: how to prevent diabetes type 2
If you want to prevent diabetes type 2 concerns more for healthy diet, regular exercise and maintain the normal weight. The dietary changes and exercise are considered as the two most important treatments of this medical condition.
Facts about Diabetes Type 2 4: how to diagnose it?
Blood test is considered as the way to diagnose diabetes type 2. It can be in the form of A1C, oral glucose tolerance test and fasting plasma glucose test.
Facts about Diabetes Type 2 5: medication metformin
Medication metformin will be recommended for the patients if the high blood sugar level is not decreased. Some people will need injected insulin.
Facts about Diabetes Type 2 6: the rate and obesity
The rate of having diabetes type 2 is parallel with the increased number of obesity cases. Since 1960, the rate of diabetes has been increased because of obesity.
Facts about Diabetes Type 2 7: the number of people with this condition
It was estimated that diabetes type 2 affected 368 million people as of 2013.
Facts about Diabetes Type 2 8: the number of diabetes cases in 1985
In 1985, there were only 30 million people affected by diabetes type 2. Find facts about diabetes here.
Facts about Diabetes Type 2 9: the beginning of diabetes type 2
Now the risk of having diabetes type 2 is increased on young people even though it usually is faced during the middle and old age.
Facts about Diabetes Type 2 10: the life expectancy
The life expectancy is believed to lower 10 years shorter if a person develops diabetes type 2. Get facts about diabetes type 1 here.
Do you have any objection on facts about diabetes type 2?